Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in is between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., and check-out is at 11:00 a.m. If you are checking in after 5:00 p.m., please call our office to inform us, and we will place the key to your room in the door at the appropriate time for a self check-in process.
- Room occupancy is limited to two guests per room, per state code. Any additional guests will not be permitted.
- Our property is strictly reserved for our guests only. No unregistered guests or visitors are permitted on our grounds, unless during a wedding or other event where an event contract exists.
- We strongly discourage guests under 18.
- Each of our rooms only has one bed, and we do not offer cots, sleeping bags, air mattresses, nor cribs.
- We are a historic inn, and are not handicapped accessible. Each of our rooms has a minimum of two steps to enter.
- We monitor and record all activity on the premises outside with Ring cameras.
- Any damages are the responsibility of the guests. Guests are subject to be charged for any damages to, destruction of, and/or stealing of property, valuables, or linens.
- We do not offer daily room service, but you may request fresh towels or linens at any time.
- The kitchen and innkeeper's quarters are off-limits to guests.
- Quiet hours are observed after 10:00 p.m., per town codes.
Rates and Deposits
- Payment is due in full at the time of reservation. We are subject to charge a 6% Maryland Sales tax and 4% Talbot County accommodation tax in addition to our standard room rates.
- We require a two-night minimum, except for gaps in between reservations where only one night is available.
- A cancellation notification must be received at least 14 days in advance of the reserved check-in date, to avoid the full charge of the reservation.
- For all wedding and event reservations, a cancellation notification must be received at least 60 days in advance of the reserved check-in date, to avoid the full charge of the reservation.
- We offer no refunds for early departures.
Weddings and Events
- Weddings and events may only be held on the property with prior approval and a signed event contract, and require the reservation of our entire property, including all six rooms/suites.
- A 50% deposit is required to hold all wedding/event reservations, with the remainder of the balance due in full on the reserved check-in date. Deposits may be refunded due to unforeseen circumstances.
- No smoking, vaping, cigars, pipes, or use of any electronic cigarettes is allowed in or within 25 feet of any building on the property, including all porch & terrace areas. Evidence of smoking in or near a building will result in a $250 cleaning fee.
- We do not allow the use of our fireplace, candles, or any open flame on the property.
- Our dog-friendly suites are the Lark Suite, Magic Suite, and Island Bird Suite. We must be notified and approve of all dogs prior to your reservation, and they must remain under the guests' full attention at all times. All guests must accept full responsibility for their pet and their actions.
- Guests must pick up after their pets, and it is preferred for pets to be relieved at Muskrat Park, when possible. Muskrat Park is located 0.1 mile away from our property – take Carpenter Street up to the first stop sign, turn left onto Locust Street, and Muskrat Park will be straight ahead where Locust Street ends.