Located on the second floor in the main house, the Mary Rider Room has the best waterfront view looking down over the St. Michaels Harbor. This corner room features a king sized bed, complete with brand new pillows, linens, and duvet. The private en suite bath includes a large stand-in shower, fresh towels, plush bath robes, makeup removing cloths, hair dryer, and complimentary toiletries. Other room amenities include a small refrigerator/freezer, remote controlled personal hvac system, USB charger ports, and a flat screen smart TV.
Double occupancy only.
This room is named after the Chesapeake Bay log canoe "Mary Rider", which was built in 1877 on Tilghman Island, Maryland. Captain Green found her washed ashore on Fogg Beach in St. Michaels, Maryland in 1917, and named her "Mary Rider" after one of his daughters. Captain Green is the great great grandfather of Jon Clarke, who is the owner of the Log Canoe Inn and Higgins Yacht Yard. Jon also currently owns the log canoe "Magic", which has been owned by his family since 1923. The Mary Rider's last documented race was in 1948, and she was retired sometime after that. She is reported to have been left to deteriorate to the mercy of the elements on Foggs beach; the same beach where she was originally found.
Waterfront first floor queen bed with private en suite bath, located in the main house.
Waterfront second floor king bed with private en suite bath, located in the main house.
Waterfront second floor queen bed with private en suite bath, located in the main house.
Waterfront suite with private entrance, king bed, full bath, and kitchenette.